StorSentry - Continuous monitoring of all the tape storage infrastructure.
With the exponential growth in data volumes, the capacity of IT centers to save, protect and make available data has become a major challenge for businesses and organizations.
The StorSentry century solution addresses durability and availability issues that apply to data stored on magnetic tape.
StorSentry is used to anticipate malfunction problems affecting the hardware and software infrastructure.
A real-time dashboard identifies errors; alarms are triggered in line with preset thresholds.
Action recommendations are generated in line with the risk management policy defined. Customized reporting provides ongoing monitoring for the systems implemented.
The storage unit operating history obtained brings you essential information for properly managing infrastructure capacity.
StorSentry - An overall approach for managing business data and information assets
The unique StorSentry technology provides:
Continuous monitoring of all the tape storage infrastructure.StorSentry captures information on media, read/write equipment, and on data flows. StorSentry collects and processes data relating to the quality and performance of read or write operations, all of which is available directly from the tape drive.
A real-time dashboard for anticipating malfunctions and identifying errors.Using preset thresholds, StorSentry triggers alarms and provides all of the information needed to identify and correct potential or manifest errors.
A data history to ensure proper management of storage media capacityStorSentry use is not solely limited to identifying faulty equipment; thanks to its historical record of operating data and its reporting system, StorSentry represents a comprehensive solution for managing the capacity of tape storage systems.
A complete and regularly updated functional environment:
- Environments: Windows, Linux, HPUX, IBM Aix, Sun Solaris, IBM MVS, Bull CGOS
- Applications: TSM, Netbackup, Legato, SAM-FS, HPSS, DIVA, StorNext, etc.
- Virtualization solutions: Falconstor, Fujitsu Siemens, SUN, IBM, etc.
- Equipment and media: Sun, IBM, HP, EMC, Quantum, Imation, Overland, SGI, HDS, Tandberg.
StorSentry - Technologies supported
- Windows NT, 2K, XP, 2003
- SUN Solaris
- IBM AIX
- IBM z0S, OS390
- Bull GCOS
- Quantum DLT (4k, 7k, 8k) & SDLT 220, 320 & 600
- HP Ultrium LTO Gen1 to 4
- IBM Ultrium Gen 1 to 4
- IBM 3590, 3592
- Sun T9840x, T9940x
- Sun T10000x
- Sun StorageTek
- Quantum ADIC
- Symantec NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Legato Networker, Bakbone Netvault, Atempo Time Navigator, Sun StorageTek SamFS, CommVault Galaxy, Quantum StorNext, CA BrightStor, ArcServe, EMC Avalon, FPDI DivArchive, HP DataProtector, HPSS, DiskXtender, Castor, Masstore, DMF, Active Circle, Enstore, Bacula, ERMM…
- CentricStor, Sun StorageTek VSM VTL Plus or Prime, Falconstor